Date(s) - 09 December | 11:00 - 12:15
The Maritime Business Services Perspective
During this online masterclass (organised by the Rotterdam Maritime Capital of Europe network), experts from the RMSC, will explain their role in the development of autonomous shipping and discuss the challenges still to be sorted. Autonomous shipping, remotely controlled vessels, artificial intelligence in the maritime industry, all buzz-words with more real life cases than you might have thought, so the experience in these fields is growing with it.
Finance and insurance must be thought about in advance, legal implications have a different impact in different jurisdictions. Unquantified risks might occur, which makes it case-by-case assessment necessary. Let’s talk about this!
- Date: December 9
- Time: 11:00 a.m. ( UTC/GMT +1)
- Duration: 75 minutes
Speakers from these organisations will be present
- Charlie Weatherill (Underwriter Shipowners Club on behalf of DUPI Underwriting Agencies).
- Willemijn Putz (Attorney at Law at Boonk Van Leeuwen Advocaten)
- Frank Stevens (Associate professor Commercial Law at Erasmus School of Law)
- Michael de Visser (Global Head of Transportation NIBC Bank)
Jorn Douwstra (Manager International Trade & Investment at Rotterdam Partners)