The increased usage of batteries in the maritime industry is accompanied by a new set of risks. This theme will be the topic of the next joint RMSC and WISTA event, at the amazing location of our member Thomas Miller; the World Port Center.
We would like to invite you for this event on 21st March 2024. Our speakers will take you along in the developments of Lithium-ion batteries. How they work and which risks could arise throughout the supply chain.
Stuart Edmonston and Neil Dalus of Thomas Miller will discuss the risks of these developments in regard to incidents and loss prevention in shipping, which is increasingly important for shipowners, operators, and insurers. Therefore, maritime regulations and standards will be explained.
Henk Smith of Marine Masters will enlighten you on the proper crisis response for the unfortunate case that an incident occurs. How can crews react, what skills will they need and what do salvage companies do?
The contracts and rules also change as will be explained by Jitteke Blussé of Caland Advocaten. This is also important for the claim management after the incident.
• Stuart Edmonston – Loss Prevention Director at Thomas Miller / UK P&I Club & Neil Dalus – Risk Assessment Manager at Thomas Miller/ TT Club
• Henk Smith – Director at Marine Masters
• Jitteke Blussé van Oud-Alblas – Partner at Caland Advocaten
Both WISTA and we are looking forward to a highly interesting meeting, and space is limited, so please register via the form below.
Location: World Port Center, Wilhelminakade 909, Rotterdam – 31st floor
- 16.00 –Walk in
- 16.30 – Welcome and opening by René Doff
- 16.35 – Presentations (3×20 min and questions)
- 17.45 – Closure and networking drinks
- 19.00 – End of programme